My Sample Kit
We will ask you to collect a urine and faecal sample at home on the day of your study appointment.
You will be provided with your sample kit at the screening visit if you attend in person, or alternatively one will be posted out to you to your chosen address if you have opted for an online screening visit.
What should be included in my sample kit?
Your sample kit should include the following items:
You may also receive the following:
When do I need to produce each sample?
· You will be asked to produce a urine and faecal sample on the day of your study appointment.
How do I use the sample kit?
· Study rationale: You will be told about why we are doing the study and what the study appointment involves.
Ice pack sheet
· We have provided an ice pack sheet to ensure that you keep your samples as fresh as possible.
Urine sample pot
· Please provide the first urine of the morning of the day of your study appointment.
Faecal sample pot
· Please provide as fresh a faecal sample as possible. This means the closer you can produce your faecal sample to your study appointment time, the better.
What if I can't produce a faecal sample on the day of my study appointment?
· We realise that everybody’s bowel movements are slightly different and nature calls at different times.