Please note you will only be provided with supplements if you are participating in Work Package 2 (WP2).
This section is not relevant for volunteers taking part in Work Package 1 (WP1).
What supplements will I be asked to take?
· You will be given both a probiotic and a placebo supplement at different timepoints.
When will I be given my supplements?
· You will be provided with your supplements in person at the end of your first and third study appointments.
When should I take my supplements and how often should I take them?
· You will be asked to take one capsule daily, preferably with breakfast or another meal that you eat regularly.
What happens if I forget to take my supplement?
· As this will likely be something new to incorporate into your daily habits, it’s only natural if you forget to take your supplement every once in a while.
What happens if I lose or run out of supplements?
· If you lose your supplements, please let the researchers know as soon as possible. It’s very important that you continue taking your supplements during the treatment periods, so one of the researchers will arrange for the supplements to be posted out to you as quickly as they can.